Saturday, February 12, 2011

One Worried Mama!

Well, lots of updates on Miss K. Our most recent "happening" has been an allergic reaction to penicillin. The rash started out at the doctor's office and wasn't bad until the next day (of course.) We ended up in Urgent Care because I was so frantic-the rash had turned into hives and was covering her from head to toe, literally. After some Benadryl and many prayers, it seems to be getting better. Her ear infection really seems to be improving also. Thank you God for making my baby better! It is awful being such a worrisome mother. You just feel so helpless when you can't do anything to make your baby feel better. It is a horrible feeling.

In other news, Kinley is becoming so active and really paying attention to the world around her! She has always been a very alert baby, but she is finally really getting into textures and shapes and colors, and really paying attention to faces. She also is obsessed with her hands, which is the funniest thing. Even while nursing she will get distracted by her own hands! She loves to stick her whole hand in her mouth- it's her favorite toy! Her other favorite toy is her Sophie the Giraffe. I don't know what sort of magical power it has over babies, but she loves it and apparently so do many other babies! She has really been paying attention to Macie, our dog. She will smile really big when Macie comes up to her, and she pulls on her fur. Macie has been a great sport through it all!

After her 3 month pictures

Another favorite activity of Kinley's is reading! I try to read to her before we go to bed-Good Night Moon is our favorite. I pretty much have it memorized, so I can watch her face as I turn the pages and point out things. She really seems to be paying attention. She also likes the soft books that she can hold on to. I swear she can even turn the pages! It is too funny. I just got her another soft book today while we were out shopping, and she was reading it in her stroller. Kinley enjoys riding around in her stroller like a big girl, without the car seat portion snapped into the stroller. She likes to be able to sit up and look around! It is such a joy watching her development.

I bought some 18 month-24 months clothes the other day at Macy's. They look so big, like she shouldn't be able to wear them for several years! I can't believe that in a year she will be able to fit into those clothes. As much as I love watching her grow and become more playful, it also breaks my heart that she is growing up so fast. It really makes you feel very split between wanting them to grow up so you can teach them things and show them things in the world, and wanting to keep them tiny babies forever. But I know I can't keep her tiny forever, so I will just have to help her grow as much as I possibly can! It is so much fun each time she laughs, or rolls over, or plays with a toy. 2 months ago, she couldn't do all of those things, so that keeps me going! I am so proud of the littlest things too. She puts her hand in her mouth, and then tries to put it in my mouth! I am so proud she recognizes my mouth! lol. She just makes me so happy! Anyone who is a mother can understand!

-Lauren and Kinley-

No comments:

Post a Comment