Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi everyone-I know it's been 2 months, but it has been crazy busy around here! I just seem to lose track of time! Today is Valentine's Day, but we didn't get to celebrate it traditionally. Seth's great-grandma died so he had to go out of town for the funeral and visitation. I had to stay here because of school. (Oh, by the way, I am in nursing school now, getting a BSN! Yay for some direction in life finally!) The good thing about today was that I got to stay home with Baby Girl all day (since there was no one to watch her today.) We played a lot, and she entertained me all day! Sunday we took the girls shopping and let them pick out their Valentine's gifts (also not traditional, but what the heck?) They LOVED it! We went up and down the aisles and they both got little animals-kitty for Kinley and a dog for Maddie. They also got to pick out some candy-they each only wanted 1 thing-a marshmallow sucker for K and a Barbie box of chocolates for Maddie. I also got them some Kit-Kats since they are obsessed with them, and we got some Valentine's cookies. K loved her marshmallow sucker-not to eat, but to play with! She was hitting everything in the house with it, just walking around smacking things! Which was adorable, but now there is sugar on everything. She also has to carry around the kitty now, so we are up to 3 stuffed animals at all times-kitty, and 2 bears. It's a little ridiculous.

K is at daycare now, which breaks my heart, but at least she's only there 3 days a week. It's a great daycare and she seems to really like it. I think it has been good for her to play with other little kids-she is kind of learning how to share. And she learned to play "Ashes" aka ring-around-the-rosy, and she plays it all the time with anyone who will take her hands. She really just wants to rock back and forth and say "ashes." It's pretty hilarious. She amazes me everyday with how much personality she has for such a little baby! She is constantly babbling and talking and laughing and making faces. She is so dramatic about everything! I just love her to pieces and am so glad to be her mom! She brightens each day, and reminds me that with  everything else going on, being her mom is the most important job I have! Seth and I are so lucky to have a healthy and HAPPY baby-we are thankful everyday for our little one and can't wait to see what she will be up to in the next few months!

Lauren

(Sorry for no new pics-I have only been taking them on my phone, and they get uploaded to Facebook anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment